Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wish You Were Here...

I am cooling off at my alma mater. Specifically, I'm sitting in the UW-Madison Memorial Union, making use of their free wi-fi.

The air conditioning is nothing to sneeze at, either. Even though the temperature today was not as brutal as the last few days, the cool dry air in here is much appreciated.

As I type this, I am sitting in Der Rathskeller. Full of history, it looks just like an old style German drinking hall.

Oh, the time I spent here back in the 1970s, studying and plotting to rule the world. Beer? Yes, plenty of it here (I'm not drinking tonight). Food? Cheap and hearty. The seating capacity is 525.

Walk through Der Rathskeller and you enter the world famous Union Terrace, with its magnificent view of beautiful Lake Mendota.

Incredible sunsets can be seen here, and right now the sun is setting behind a live bluegrass band playing to about 250 people.

I pity anyone who is not here.

No comments:

Post a Comment