Sunday, December 11, 2011

How To Guard Against The Latest Cyber Attacks

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Norton Small Business by Symantec for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

I want to make you aware of two new products by Norton, the anti-virus people. They could save your non-profit organization or small business a lot of trouble. Norton 360 Version 5.0 and Norton Internet Security 2012 were introduced in September, 2011. They are part of the great collection of cyber security solutions available at Norton Small Business by Symantec.

NortonLogo_white.jpg

My own laptop was hit by a very aggressive virus in late 2010. It got into my system while I was browing the web, and it took me nearly a week just to get my computer started in safe mode. At that point, I realized that the virus had wiped out most of my documents. The anti-virus program I had at the time could not remove it, so the only thing I could do was to reformat my hard drive. That wiped out everything. I was lucky that I had some of my files backed up to DVDs, but I still lost hundreds of items. If I had been using these Norton anti-virus products, it would have saved me almost a week of frustration, not to mention hundreds of lost files.

I don’t want that to happen to you, which is why I hope you give this serious consideration. Avoid losing years of work and potential legal problems by ensuring the security of your customers' information and your valuable data. Don't put yourself in the position of one day saying, "I should have had better protection."

New Message-494

Do you lock up your office or store at night to guard against intruders? Maybe you have an alarm system, perhaps even closed circuit TV and a professional security guard. None of those measures, however, can protect you against an invisible, silent cyber intrusion by hackers. If your computers are not properly protected, the meanest guard dog in the world can only give you a false sense of security. Cyber criminals can invade your business, church, synagogue or non-profit organization without physically entering it. From thousands of miles away, they could steal or destroy your most important data.

This same protection would help your at home, too. If you are like many Americans today, you keep many  important files on your home computer. Family photos, banking and credit card information, and other important things are all at risk without the kind of protection that Norton offers.

Have you ever been the victim of a cyber attack? If your computer has been hit by viruses, trojans or been hacked into, let me know by leaving a comment below. Tell me which one Norton’s products you think could have helped you the most.

Small businesses like yours are the real engine of the U.S. economy. Technology is a two-edged sword: It gives you the ability to do great things, increasing your productivity, and makes your and your operation more efficient. A recent survey of small business owners showed that 28 percent said technology is one of their top business priorities, even more important than of reducing their labor costs. The downside of that, however, is criminals have many more opportunities for intrusion. 

It is surprising to learn, then, that nearly 59 percent of small business owners said they have had some kind of malicious software on their computer at some time in the past three years. Fifty one percent said they had to pay an expert to get rid of that malware.

Set up a wall of defense now with Norton. You can protect up to 10 PCs or Macs from the latest online threats, constantly updated, with unparalleled security. Get more details at the website of Norton Small Business by Symantec.

Norton provides the powerful security that your business or organization needs in today's increasingly vulnerable digital environment. Visit Norton’s website today to find a great deal waiting for you: You can get 30% off Norton Small Business Products now. Is there a virus you would like to avoid?

Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment